If you're anything like me, then odds are your personal style and tastes have changed quite a bit over the years - especially since our younger days. This is probably reflected by the huge amount of clothes currently creating a logjam in your closet. Begin slimming down your wardrobe by using the following tips:
· Start in small segments - Going at it all at once can be too overwhelming. Begin sorting through your closet one section at a time.
· When was the last time you wore it - If it's been a while since you've worn something, it's probably going to be a while longer.
· Don't get nostalgic - Just because you wore that shirt on your very first date doesn't mean that you should keep it. Keep your mind in the present - would you wear it today?
· Would you buy it today - Would you consider buying that piece of clothing if you saw it at the store today? If not, get rid of it!
· Does it fit your lifestyle - If you tend to dress casually most of the time, then you probably don't need a dozen pantsuits.
If you find yourself becoming a little overwhelmed by the choices that your closet presents, then it may be time to get the help of a professional style consultant. As part of my image consulting services, I can help you identify your current personal style using my unique Color Typing essence services, so give me a call at (707) 345-1010 or visit our Facebook page to sign up for a FREE 30 minute discovery consultation today!